Viet Nam and ADB
In the Spotlight
乐动体育注册ADB's $5 million HIV/AIDS prevention project for the Greater Mekong Subregion helped Lao PDR and Viet Nam reach high risk and vulnerable people in border region economic corridors.
乐动体育注册In Viet Nam, ADB partners with Hasfarm to support its expansion plans and replicate its business model in the People's Republic of China and Indonesia. This will create more opportunities and help reduce poverty in rural areas.
ADB signed a $37 million loan agreement with Da Nhim–Ham Thuan–Da Mi Hydro Power Joint Stock Company (DHD) to finance the installation of a 47.5 megawatt (MW) peak floating photovoltaic (PV) solar power facility on the man-made reservoir of DHD’s existing 175 MW Da Mi hydropower plant. Read more
ADB’s country partnership strategy for Viet Nam is based on promoting job creation and competitiveness, increasing the inclusiveness of infrastructure and service delivery, and improving environmental sustainability and climate resilience.
Viet Nam’s economic growth has been increasing since 2011, while inflation has remained in single digits. Well-balanced macroeconomic policies have helped restore stability and investor confidence, with growth being propelled by a surge in foreign direct investment and export-oriented manufacturing.
乐动体育注册Viet Nam needs to continue to develop a more dynamic market economy—one that can compete globally and deliver sustainable, equitable growth over the long term. Despite remarkable achievements in reducing poverty, serious development challenges remain, with income and other socioeconomic gaps still evident in pockets of ethnic minorities and other vulnerable groups.
ADB's country partnership strategy for Viet Nam focuses assistance through three pillars: promoting job creation and competitiveness, increasing the inclusiveness of infrastructure and service delivery, and improving environmental sustainability and climate change response.
Viet Nam is a member of the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS).
Projects in Viet Nam
- Southeast Asia Transport Project Preparatory Facility Phase 2
- Supporting Internationalization of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises:Linking India and the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Developing Innovative Community-Based Long-Term Care Systems and Services
- Connecting the Railways of the Greater Mekong Subregion (Phase 2)
- Greater Mekong Subregion Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security Program
- Mekong Tourism Innovation
- Enhancing Readiness for Solar Power Deployment in Viet Nam
- Policy Coordination and Planning of Border Economic Zones of the People's Republic of China and Viet Nam
- Support to Strengthening Local Health Care Program
- Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) Corridor Connectivity Enhancement Project