Tajikistan and ADB
In the Spotlight
乐动体育注册The Maternal and Child Health Integrated Care Project funded by the ADF 12 grant is improving hospital and health-care center infrastructure and equipment and helping staff and oversight agencies plan and deploy human resources more effectively in Tajikistan.
ADB has approved a $110 million grant to Tajikistan to construct 30 kilometers (km) of a highway and 30 km of secondary roads between the towns of Obigarm and Nurobod in the northeast of the country.
Tajikistan Needs to Diversify Production and Exports to Improve Incomes and Economic Resilience — ADB
Tajikistan’s reliance on a narrow export base and remittances, coupled with a widening trade deficit, has made the economy vulnerable to external economic shocks. Diversifying production and exports could improve incomes and economic resilience, and sustain economic growth in the country, says a new ADB report.
乐动体育注册This study seeks to assess the potential of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program as a platform to promote a regional approach to tourism development.
乐动体育注册With some of the world’s highest mountains covering a staggering 93% of its territory, Tajikistan faces some obvious obstacles to its development. These include unstable food security, limited transport connectivity, and low levels of private investment.
Due to its narrow economic base and a heavy reliance on remittances by labor migrants, Tajikistan’s economy remains vulnerable to external shocks.
ADB's country partnership strategy, 2016–2020 for Tajikistan has broad objectives to diversify the economy and create more high-income jobs.
Tajikistan is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Tajikistan
- Digital Solutions to Improve Agricultural Value Chains
- Preparing the Financial Sector and Fiscal Management Improvement Program
- Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridors 2, 3, and 5 (Obigarm-Nurobod) Road Project
- Tourism Development Project
- Preparing the Irrigation and Drainage Modernization in the Vaksh River Basin Project
- Investment Climate Reforms Program - Subprogram 2
- Achieving Food Security through Climate Resilience Dairy Value Chain Development
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2017 (Subproject 2)
- Investment Climate Reforms Program (Subprogram 1)
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)