People's Republic of China and ADB
In the Spotlight
ADB has trimmed its forecasts for economic growth in developing Asia this year and next year as growth in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and India is weighed down by both external and domestic factors. Read more
Emerging East Asia’s local currency bond market posted steady growth during the third quarter of 2019 despite persistent trade uncertainties and a global economic downturn, according to the latest issue of the ADB's Asia Bond Monitor. Read more
ADB has approved a $199.46 million loan to support the development of an innovative intelligent transport system to reduce pollution, cut traffic congestion, and improve transport safety in Gui’an, a fast-growing new city of Guizhou Province.
Following 3 decades of rapid economic growth, the People's Republic of China (PRC) is now an upper middle-income country. The country is transforming to a new growth model that emphasizes quality and sustainability, supported by innovation. Addressing climate change-related concerns is also recognized as high priority.
乐动体育注册Development challenges include implementing fiscal reforms, improving social protection systems, and reforming state-owned enterprises. Cornerstones of reform are to improve the range, quality, and availability of financial services; protect the environment; tackle regional disparities; address pockets of extreme poverty; and allow the market to determine resource allocation.
ADB is focusing its support乐动体育注册 on innovation and value addition in infrastructure, while promoting good governance and capacity development, knowledge solutions, private sector development, and gender equity.
The PRC is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program and Greater Mekong Subregion.
Support for the Yangtze River Economic Belt
Under its Yangtze River Economic Belt (YREB) Framework, ADB will provide around $2 billion over 2018-2020 to support integrated economic and environmental development in the upper and middle reaches of the Yangtze River. As one of the PRC's three economic growth areas, the YREB is key to helping the PRC achieve its goals of inclusive and sustainable growth and xiao kang, or a moderately prosperous society.
乐动体育注册ADB's Yangtze River Economic Belt Framework makes targeted, integrated, and high impact investments in the middle and upper reaches of the Yangtze River in the People's Republic of China. The framework targets ecological restoration and green development in this crucial part of the PRC.
- Guizhou Rocky Desertification Area Water Management Project
- Chongqing Longxi River Basin Integrated Flood and Environmental Risk Management Project
- Sichuan Ziyang Inclusive Green Development Project
- Yangtze River Green Ecological Corridor Comprehensive Agriculture Development Project
- Henan Dengzhou Ecological Protection and Integrated Rehabilitation
- Hunan Xiangjiang River Watershed Existing Solid Waste Comprehensive Treatment Project
- Guizhou Gui’an New District New Urbanization Smart Transport System Development Project
- Strengthening Provincial Planning and Implementation for the Yangtze River Economic Belt
- Guizhou High Efficiency Water Utilization Demonstration in Rocky Desertification Area
- Supporting the Application of River Chief System for Ecological Protection in Yangtze River Economic Belt
- Preparing Yangtze River Economic Belt Projects
- Policy Research on Ecological Protection and Rural Vitalization for Supporting Green Development in the Yangtze River Economic Belt
Projects in the People's Republic of China
- Yuxi-Mohan Subregional Railway Link Project
- Yangtze River Green Ecological Corridor Comprehensive Agriculture Development
- Inner Mongolia Regional Cooperation and Integration Promotion Investment Program
- Shaanxi Green Intelligent Transport and Logistics Management Demonstration Project
- Chongqing Innovation and Human Capital Development Project
- Connecting the Railways of the Greater Mekong Subregion (Phase 2)
- Promoting Action on Plastic Pollution from Source to Sea in Asia and the Pacific - Enhancing Knowledge and Creating Enabling Environments for Reducing Marine Plastic Pollution (Subproject 1)
- Greater Mekong Subregion Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security Program
- Greater Mekong Subregion Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Program
- 2020 International Comparison Program for Asia and the Pacific
- Strengthening Compliance Review and Accountability to Project Affected Persons of Financial Intermediaries
- Reforming the System of Personal Income Tax and Social Security Contributions
- Comprehensive Hub-Oriented Transportation Strategy for Urumqi Metropolitan Area
- Gansu Internet-Plus Based Socialized Agricultural Service System Development
- Policy Coordination and Planning of Border Economic Zones of the People's Republic of China and Viet Nam