Nepal and ADB
In the Spotlight
乐动体育注册ADB projects in Nepal are strengthening the nation's electricity transmission system while improving people's lives at the grassroots level.
In Nepal, a network of service centers is helping women feel more comfortable reporting gender-based crime and domestic violence.
ADB has strongly supported inclusive growth in Nepal, helping to reduce poverty, decrease gender and social disparities, build infrastructure, develop human capital, transform agriculture, and mitigate climate change effects.
Nepal has made notable socioeconomic progress in recent years. Literacy rates have increased, poverty rates have declined, gender disparities have narrowed, and social inclusion has improved.
Nepal now strives to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and to graduate from least-developed country status.
ADB's country partnership strategy for 2013–2017 supports the government's development objective of accelerated, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth.
Nepal is a member of the South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program.
Projects in Nepal
- Second Kathmandu Valley Water Supply Improvement Project
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation Airport Capacity Enhancement Sector Development Program
- Priority River Basins Flood Risk Management Project
- Asia-Pacific Remote Broadband Internet Satellite Project
- South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation Power Transmission and Distribution System Strengthening Project
- 2020 International Comparison Program for Asia and the Pacific
- Preparing the South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation Airport Capacity Enhancement Sector Development Program
- Rural Enterprise Financing Project
- Improving Safeguard Implementation in South Asia
- Food Safety and Agriculture Commercialization Program