Myanmar and ADB
In the Spotlight
The innovative financing facility is designed to scale up green infrastructure projects in Southeast Asia. Launched in April 2019 under the ASEAN Infrastructure Fund, it will provide loans and technical assistance for sovereign green infrastructure projects on sustainable transport, clean energy, and resilient water systems.
乐动体育注册ADB, through a grant from the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction (JFPR), is supporting 87,000 households in their efforts to improve productivity and enhance livelihoods through community-driven development initiatives in Myanmar.
Myanmar’s economic growth is expected to pick up in 2019 and 2020, thanks to higher foreign direct investment (FDI) and positive responses to the government’s economic and policy reforms, according to a new ADB report.
ADB, Ascent Capital's Equity Investment Deal to Provide Growth Capital to Private Enterprises in Myanmar
ADB signed an agreement to provide a $10 million equity investment to Ascent Myanmar Growth Fund I LP, a private equity fund, for much-needed capital investment of small and medium-sized enterprises in the country.
Myanmar is undergoing a historic transformation towards democracy, a market economy, and peace and stability.
The government is working to enable inclusive and sustainable growth. These efforts will leverage Myanmar’s strengths and high development potential, including its strategic location within Asia.
ADB has a unique opportunity to support Myanmar in this formative period, as outlined in the country partnership strategy (CPS) for Myanmar. The CPS aims to support the government in laying the foundations for sustainable and inclusive economic development, and job creation for poverty reduction.
Myanmar is a member of the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS).
Projects in Myanmar
- Second Greater Mekong Subregion Highway Modernization Project (formerly GMS East-West Economic Corridor Highway Development Project)
- Second Mandalay Urban Services Improvement Project
- Asia-Pacific Remote Broadband Internet Satellite Project
- Railway Modernization Project
- Creating Ecosystems for Green Local Currency Bonds for Infrastructure Development in ASEAN+3
- Capacity Development of the National Statistical System (Phase 2)
- Southeast Asia Transport Project Preparatory Facility Phase 2
- Connecting the Railways of the Greater Mekong Subregion (Phase 2)
- Promoting an Interconnected, Inclusive, and Resilient Association of Southeast Asian Nations Capital Market
- Greater Mekong Subregion Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security Program
- Mekong Tourism Innovation
- Rural Roads and Access Project
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2017 (Subproject 2)
- Greater Mekong Subregion: Capacity Development for Economic Zones in Border Areas
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)