Mongolia and ADB
In the Spotlight
ADB, in partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, is providing more sanitary water-tight pit latrines for 330 homes in Mongolia's Arvaikheer city.
ADB, IFC, and Ulaanbaatar City Partner to Apply Green Building Standards in Design and Construction of Affordable Homes
ADB, International Finance Corporation (IFC), and the Municipality of Ulaanbaatar City recently signed a memorandum of understanding to support the implementation of the Excellence for Design and Greater Efficiencies (EDGE) green building standards and certification system for 10,000 new affordable homes to be built under the Ulaanbaatar Green Affordable Housing and Resilient Urban Renewal Sector Project.
ADB and the Government of Mongolia wrapped up one successful eco-tourism project and embarked on a second project aimed to help Mongolia benefit from a boom in domestic and overseas tourists while safeguarding the environment.
ADB has approved its first multitranche financing facility (MFF) in the health sector in Mongolia. The $158.34 million MFF will provide high-quality health care services in selected disadvantaged ger areas of Ulaanbaatar, provinces, and subdistricts to support the Government of Mongolia’s commitment to universal health coverage.
乐动体育注册Mongolia urgently needs to restore macroeconomic stability to ensure social stability, and to develop in the longer term a more resilient and diversified economy that can consistently deliver rapid, inclusive, and sustainable growth.
ADB assistance in Mongolia addresses key development challenges by supporting investments, policy reforms, capacity building, and knowledge sharing to sustain inclusive growth in a period of economic difficulty.
Mongolia is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Mongolia
- COMBINED HEAT AND POWER PLANT NUMBER 5 PROJECT (CHP5)
- Research University Sector Development Program
- Managing Solid Waste in Secondary Cities
- First Utility-Scale Energy Storage Project
- Aimag and Soum Centers Regional Development Investment Program (formerly Mongolia Secondary Cities and Soum Centers Development Investment Program)
- Ulaanbaatar Air Quality Improvement Program
- Strengthening Information and Communication Technology Systems for Efficient and Transparent Public Investment and Tax Administration
- Strengthening Information and Communication Technology Systems for Efficient and Transparent Tax Administration
- Social Welfare Support Program Phase 2
- Conservation of Forest Genetic Resources