Azerbaijan and ADB
In the Spotlight
As Azerbaijan’s largest multilateral development partner, ADB has mobilized over $5 billion in financing for the country since 1999. Download brochure
ADB has approved a new 5-year Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) for Azerbaijan乐动体育注册 that lays out ADB’s support for the country’s goal of achieving a more diversified, resilient, inclusive, and sustainable economy.
This publication helps guide investment planning and financing across key urban infrastructure sectors of Azerbaijan to improve the performance of cities—with a focus on economy, equity, and environment.
乐动体育注册Azerbaijan’s gross national income per capita has increased approximately tenfold in a decade and a half. This robust growth has been largely driven by the extraction and processing of fossil fuels, along with high levels of public expenditure.
The cross-cutting priorities mainstreamed in the strategic pillars of the country partnership strategy are: accelerating progress in gender equality; tackling climate change and enhancing environmental sustainability; fostering regional cooperation and integration; strengthening governance and institutional capacity; and promoting public-private partnerships.
Azerbaijan is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in the Azerbaijan
- Improving Governance and Public Sector Efficiency Program (Subprogram 2)
- Developing a Disaster Risk Transfer Facility in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Region
- Strengthening Urban Investment Planning and Capacity for Project Preparation and Implementation in Central and West Asia
- Partnership with the Private Sector for Sustainable Trade Facilitation Results in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
- Better Customs for Better Client Services in Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Countries
- Improving Governance and Public Sector Efficiency Program (Subprogram 1)
- Water Supply and Sanitation Investment Program - Tranche 4 (Additional Financing)
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2017 (Subproject 2)
- Railway Sector Development Program
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)